Saturday, November 21, 2009

My Oh My, How long it has been....

I must say that it feels like an eternity since I last posted on here. I have been consumed with finals and then the start of a very difficult online course. I generally get to do some real-time internet use after Isabella goes to sleep, so that is usually spent doing my homework which is due at 2am. I have otherwise done a few crafts and quite a bit of cheap shopping to organize all my craft stuff I keep bringing home. I need another hobby, or we need to move. I just love to craft, but have little space. I have a lot of photos I will be uploading about what I have been up to this past couple weeks. Speaking of shopping, is everyone getting up bring and early to go shopping the day after Thanksgiving? I have never done that. Can you believe that? Well, for good reason. I have always worked that day. But now that I don't have a job, which is very sad for me not to work that day, I am able to. Where I worked we would have hundreds and hundreds of people lined up outside to get in. It was a sports and outdoor retail store. Like Dicks, if you have them in your area. The company closed in June after filling for chapter 11 and then being bought out by a liquidation company. Dicks actually is slowly coming over to the Northwest using all of the old vacant Joes stores. Anywho, I am excited to get some shopping done that day. I have my boyfriend and step-dad to buy for. But, if the price is good, I might buy myself something special. Nordstrom, here we come :)

2 comments:

  1. We had Joe's up here in WA. I was sad to see them go. Sadder to think that people lost jobs because of crappy management.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, 1600 people were out of a job, including myself. I had worked there for over 5 years at three different locations. I actually really enjoyed it. I ran apparel and was able to do things that I wanted and I had fun. I am unable to find a job that I know I will like. It is so hard. All of the Dicks down here in OR, are employed with a ton of Joe's former employees. It is just like walking into a Joes. And believe me, it was the man who was running the company who I believe planned to run it into the ground. He was the problem. Ugh. Makes me mad.

    ReplyDelete