Saturday, November 28, 2009

Happy Belated Thanksgiving!

I hope everyone had a fantastic Thanksgiving! I sure did! We ate a ton and played Wii as a family and drank wine. I know, I know. Wii? I guess this is what our advanced technology world has come to. Wii at Thanksgiving. Seriously, Super Mario is addictive! The next day I went shopping for the first time ever. Got up at 3am. Expected big lines, lots of people running everywhere, and what actually did I witness first hand? Not really any lines, very few good deals, and not too many people. It was odd. I have worked the last 5 years at a retail store, and every year on that day we would have lines down the street and our whole store would be on sale. I didn't have a ton of money to spend, thank you very tiny unemployment paychecks, but I got a few things. The Children's Place and Gymboree had excellent deals and I was very excited about that. I even stopped at Joann's to pick up a few items to send my swap friend, and the Simplicity patterns were all only 99 cents. I had to get a few of those too. I still have two people I need to get items for. I need to slow down on my swapping and save some dough so I can get them gifts sometime the next few weeks. Anyone have any exciting shopping stories from Friday? I didn't think it was that bad at all like most people think. So many people hate shopping that day. Why???

No comments:

Post a Comment